Republic of the Philippines
Santol, La Union
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2002-04
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE LOCAL OFFICE OF PERSON’S WITH DISABILITIES AFFAIRS (LOPDA) AND DEFINING ITS FUNCTIONS.
WHEREAS, it is a constitutional mandate to provide for the self-development, self-reliance, rehabilitation and integration of disabled persons into the mainstream of the society;
WHEREAS, RA 7277 otherwise known as the Magna Carta for Disabled Persons also provide to give full support to the improvement of the total well-being of disabled persons;
NOW THEREFORE, I, FLORESTO C. SAYANGDA, Municipal Mayor of Santol, La Union, by virtue of the powers vested upon by law hereby order the following:
SECTION 1. Creation. A Local Office of Persons with Disabilities Affairs is hereby created.
SECTION 2. Staff Complement. With the assistance of the MSWDO, the President of the PWD shall be designated as LOPDA Coordinator.
SECTION 3. Funding. The office shall be allocated the necessary funds for its operation to start with CY 2003. Meanwhile, for the current year, funds for the purpose shall be sourced out from funds available from the MSWDO budget.
SECTION 4. Duties and Responsibilities. The LOPDA shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Identify needs, trainings and opportunities of PWDs in the different barangays.
2. Initiate, develop and implement productive activities and work schemes for PWDs to provide income or otherwise augment their earnings in the community.
3. Provide and maintain linkage with concerned agencies and the private sectors for the delivery of health and service, facilities and other community self-help projects.
4. Maintain a regular update, a list of PWDs to include their personal data, kinds of disabilities, their skills, livelihood and employment being undertaken and rehabilitation needs.
5. Exercise such other functions which are necessary to carry out the purpose to which the LOPDA is established.
SECTION 5. Effectivity. This order shall take effect immediately.
DONE this 18th day of June 2002 at Santol, La Union.
FLORESTO C. SAYANGDA